Search This site

Friday, October 8, 2010

NEWSROUND PRESS:VIVA VIVO…!

Adnan Babisho has been motoring and has a confession to make
I have a second love that’s after my ama and it’s one that my kin and kith are crystal clearly aware of.
I do love cars. I’m simply fascinated by them.
Right about now, I may not be a peacock-proud owner of one but that does not deter me from being at par with the up-to-date info’ on motoring. The classics and ol’ timers. The latest. And the propheted to come. In terms of cars, but of course!
I even have a name to christen my first car. Actually, I’ll call her…Biatch. Yah, Biatch, for real. Now, how about that?
It’s hard to believe, but 2010 is almost gone. I don’t expect many car makers to shed a tear at its passing, though, because for many of them ’10 has been an annus horribilis, and one to forget as flash quickly as possible. Will 2011 be any better?
My car-loving pals comments are widely divergent, with some being immensely up-beat, most, I would say, treading a conservative middle ground, and others predicting more dark times ahead. It’s safe to say, though, that there appears to be light at the end of the tunnel and this careful optimism perhaps reflects in the abnormally large numbers of new model instructions, towards the end of 2010.
But you shouldn’t necessarily let the imminent arrival of a new car scare you off the model it replaces. After all, the dealer will be mustard keen to get rid of the out-going stock, and may therefore be willing to do a very juicy deal.
But back to the 2010 metals - among the most important models to arrive are cars designed and priced for the entry-level buyer. On the horizon for those shopping at entry-level are The Chevrolet Agile, Ford Figo, Cherry J1, GWM Florid and the repositioned Chevrolet Spark Lite.

But the biggest news of all is that a long-time favourite, the seemingly immortalVolkswagen CitiGolf, has been retired.
Aston Martin has been big this year, at least so far. This British Marque ventures into the world of luxury saloon car manufacture with the long-awaited Rapide. This Toyota IQ based cygnet luxury small car was, and still is, offered for sale to owners of full blown Aston Martins.
O.K., that’s my personal favourite and the perfect idea of one of the cool ridez that I would have loved it to be part of my, future, sleek fleet of toys.That’s Aston Martin for you.
And my second- close to first- favourite wheelz in the name of a sports toy, for this year happens to be The Lotus Evora. This, also, British brand is undergoing a repositioning, with its new CEO stating that he wants Lotus to once again be mentioned in the same breath as the likes of Ferrari and Lamborghini.
I also recently got to know that there’s a Volkswagen that will replace and be the successor to the Volkswagen CitiGolf.Ati it’s going to be called The Vivo, and is essentially a lower-specification variant of the current generation Polo.
In layman’s, Volkswagen has taken the GolfMk1/ CitiGolf recipe, and replicated it on Polo.Will it work...?
I’ll have to wait and see the features list of the Vivo first before I like it and ultimately fall deeply in love with it
I just hope it’s going to have, in possession, airbags and ABS, at least, otherwise, what is the point? Ha ha ha ha haa…oops!...My precious ribs! Vava Viva Vivo Vroom…

0 comments:

Post a Comment