Search This site

Thursday, November 11, 2010

WOMAN CONNED SH. 90,000 BY GHOST LOVER

Achieng’ Omondi wonders, how desperate has the Kenyan girl become?

While watching Citizen Nipashe, a news item on a lady called Alice comes up. She was coned sh.90,000 by a Tanzanian man who had promised to marry her…ok. Am trying my best to keep my anger levels down (I have been having hormonal swings that I wish not to be splattered all over this article)… girl is you CRAZY?

How desperate has the Kenyan girl become? Can’t a woman just sit back, stay beautiful and wait for prince charming to come sweep her off her feet to marital bliss? Can’t we just wait the way our mothers did? What is happening?

Talking to a bunch of my girls, stories of so and so, having befriended some dude on Facebook and meeting them within a week come up and the cases are sky rocketing. What a shame! Okay I’m drifting here?

My mother tells me to let a man be a man

Back to Alice, she allegedly misdialed a phone number and got talking to some man who confessed not to have found a soul mate. They stroke a conversation and the man promised to marry her. Three days later… guys three days! He was supposedly on the way to Kenya to meet Alice. Somewhere on the way, he was ‘locked’ up in a police station and the men in blue ‘asked’ for a large sum to release him. Alice, carried away by ‘love’ for her new found Mr. Right, went ahead to send a handsome sum of a total of sh. 90,000. Guess what? It was a con.

Wait, with sh. 90,000 I can go spoil myself in a boutique with about 20k, buy 4 pairs of boots at just 10k, get a full body massage, pedicure, manicure and hairdo at another 10k, and take a trip down coast with the remaining 50k…why send it to ‘some’ man? Nkt!)

Now ladies, work with me here. You can actually send such a sum to a man you have never met? How? My mother tells me to let a man be a man. Do not feed him, don’t pay rent, don’t take him out not unless you’re splitting the bill and are legally married. Ladies you might not be conned like Alice but making a boyfriend comfortable that you can foot his bills shows nothing but DESPARATION in you. Let a man be a man.

Alice is a fool who should serve as an example to many of us women. I don’t pity her, God forgive me, but no matter how desperate one can be, African beauty, please let a man come out for you. Let him struggle to prove he can take care of you way before things get serious. That’s why they are men.

As much as there’s power to the modern woman, certain things remain unchanged; a man should peruse you, he should provide and yes, he is the head of the house.

(The writer is a fourth year student in the school of Information Sciences)

ruthaomondi@gmail.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment